Isar Aerospace joins NewSpace syndicate yeessThis Space News was published on Thu, 26.01.2023 – 17:25 CET, covering Isar Aerospace
In September 2021, the NewSpace startups Satlantis, Anywaves, Exotrail, Pangea Aerospace, Aerospacelab and constellr founded the Young European Enterprises Syndicate Space. Its goal is to support the competitiveness of the European space industry. It also aims to build trust between European institutions and NewSpace startups. Now Isar Aerospace has joined.
As the microlauncher startup announced on the business platform LinkedIn on Monday (January 23, 2023), it is pleased to have joined the organization. In addition to the six founding members and Isar Aerospace, the organization also includes Exolaunch, U-Space Nanosatellites and Unseenlabs.
The Syndicate - as it calls itself - communicates quite offensively. On its website, for example, it states that it "can initiate any activity that serves its purpose, alone or in cooperation with third parties, directly or indirectly, for the benefit of the members and the entire ecosystem". This may sound like a confrontational approach. But the goals are clear.
- Raising awareness of the technology and transformation potential
- Advocate for transparency and balance in public procurement in space flight
- Promote the use of an inclusive platform to provide a consolidated voice to the ecosystem
- Maintaining a continuous dialogue with European institutions and their representatives
- Transfer of the European culture of taking ecosystems into account to national levels
- Promote the employment of young European space engineers and scientists
To achieve these goals, the association, which is registered in Luxembourg, has drawn up a whole catalogue of measures. For example, workshops, conferences and exhibitions will be organized with the participation of institutions such as the European Space Agency (ESA) and other national space agencies. There are also plans to publish job advertisements on a common website.